WACD Annual Meeting Travel Awards
Please stay tuned for information about our Fall 2022 meeting.
1. Assist individuals that could not otherwise afford to travel to the meeting.
2. Encourage attendees at all levels of Core management.
3. Foster more interactions between Cores within the WACD region.
Requested funds can be used for:
1. Travel to Los Angeles, CA.
2. Hotel expenses (up to 2 nights).
3. Ground transportation.
4. Evening meals (up to 2 dinners).
Directors, managers or supervisors of any Core facility in the Western US and British Columbia region are
eligible to apply for a WACD travel award.
Instructions for Travel Award Applicants:
Applicants will be asked to submit a proposal (max. 2 pages) to the
WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Committee that has the following essential elements:
- Name of Institution, Core facility, your job title, length of service.
- Description of your role within the Core facility.
- Summary of interest in the WACD meeting.
- Justification of financial need.
- An itemized budget not to exceed $800 or $400.
Proposals should be submitted as a single .pdf file to the WACD using the Travel Award Application.
The WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Committee will evaluate each proposal in terms of financial need and impact on Institution and Core facility.
All receipts have to besubmitted to the WACD treasurer within one month after the meeting in order to be considered valid.