The WACD organizing committee is proud to announce that there will be 5 travel awards available for our annual meeting being held on September 21-22nd, 2017 at The Dream Inn in Santa Cruz, CA.
Five travel awards will be distributed with two $800 awards and three $400 allocated. In addition, the registration fee will be waived for all awardees.
- Assist individuals that could not otherwise afford to travel to the meeting.
- Encourage attendees at all levels of Core management.
- Foster more interactions between Cores within the WACD region.
Requested funds can be used toward:
- Travel to Santa Cruz, Ca.
- Hotel expenses (up to 2 nights).
- Ground transportation.
- Evening meals (up to 2 dinners).
Directors, managers, technicians or supervisors of any Core facility in the Western US and British Columbia region are eligible to apply for a WACD travel award.
Instructions for Travel Award Applicants:
Applicants will be asked to submit a proposal (max. 2 pages) to the WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Committee that has the following essential elements:
- Name of Institution, Core facility, your job title, length of service.
- Description of your role within the Core facility.
- Summary of interest in the WACD meeting.
- Justification of financial need.
- An itemized budget of $400 of $800.
Proposals should be submitted as a single .pdf file to the WACD using the Travel Award Application.
The WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Committee will evaluate each proposal in terms of financial need and impact on Institution and Core facility. Deadline for applications will be July 25, 2017. Awardees will be notified by August 5, 2017.
Awards will be paid via reimbursement from receipts following the WACD meeting. All receipts have to be submitted to the WACD treasurer within one month after the meeting in order to be considered valid.