WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Program (download)
The Western Association of Core Directors (WACD) is launching a Collaboration and Education Grant Program for members of Core facilities throughout the western US. We aim to encourage sharing of best practices, learning new technologies or skills, and providing networking opportunities in order to add value to our facilities and the WACD community as a whole. Our vision is to create a web of collaborative partnerships that will build or strengthen strategic educational, research, technology, and information transfer activities regionally. We anticipate two funding sessions per year, depending on the availability of funds. Funding for this program is determined by the WACD Treasurer on an annual basis.
Upcoming Deadline: TBD
For consideration at the next published deadline, submit a proposal to the WACD Collaboration and Education Grant Committee that has the following essential elements (max. 2 pages):
- A brief statement of what activity is being proposed and how this activity is consistent with the objectives of the WACD program.
- Background of the facilities and staff involved.
- Scope of the activity and expected outcomes.
- Timing of the activity.
- Justification of financial need.
- An itemized budget for travel assistance, hotel, registration fees (where applicable), educational materials or other directly applicable expense limited to $1,800.
- Letter of support from supervisor
- List of matching funds from institution (if applicable)
Proposals should be submitted via email as a single .pdf file to WACD Collaboration and Education Grant subcommittee.